Wednesday 28 May 2014

London Photowalk with Nasim Mansurov



So last week, I see a post on http://digital-photography-school.com  where Nasim Mansurov was in London and was giving up his time for free to meet with other photographers. This was going to be my first photowalk, so I didn't know what to expect. I brought what I thought I might need:

Lowepro Apex 110 AW Bag

Well, I decided to make the most of the day and spend it all in London. I arrived in London Euston after a bum-numbing 2 1/2 hour train journey and walked all the way to Covent Gardens to meet a friend for some lunch. After that, I headed back to Euston to meet my friend, Joshua.

Joshua and I spent the next 3 hours or so walking and undergrounding it around London, taking photos of anything that interested us. Finally at 6pm, we found our way to Nasim and the others and eventually begun our photo walk.

It was amazing, the advice Nasim gave me, and the changes I have made to the way I use my camera after everything he had taught me. Not only that, I was able to use Nasim's new Sigma 50mm f/1.4 GD HSM Art which blew my mind. Most of the photos I took were using that lens.

Later that night, Nasim gave up more of his time during a meal to critique some photos. Nasim's advice was great. It is really helping me in how I see photos before and after I take them.

I really want to say a massive thank you to everyone who went, to Joshua for meeting me, and to Nasim for his guidance and advice about what I should be focussing on right now.

I look forward to my next photo walk.



















Joshua McLean













No comments:

Post a Comment